Sunday, July 5, 2009

J-10




Difficulty of block: moderate
Number of pieces: 21
Method used: hand applique

Chicko's Calla Lily was not as difficult to make as I thought it would be. But, it sure was time consuming. Lots of applique and points to match. If you plan on making this block, I would make the melons just a tiny bit smaller. The pattern, as is, has the melons touching the outside seam of the block. Problems may arise when adding the sashing.

Sorry about the photos. It looks like my choice of fabric was not the best for this pattern. The close-up photo certainly isn't any easier on the eyes.

3 comments:

Deb said...

I think it is perfect fabric..when you meld all your blocks together it will only look more scrappier and someone that used what they had..love it

Yvette said...

I never noticed this block in the quilt. it came out really nice! The fabrics you chose this time are right on, as usual.

Robin said...

Your applique is beautiful! I admit though, my eyeballs are a little dizzy now-- but definitely in a good way! :)

To see what other projects I am working on, visit me at Journey of a Quilter.