Thursday, January 19, 2012

Border Top Row 1


Difficulty of block: easy
Number of pieces: 23
Method used: hand piecing

Nervous and excited at the same time, it was like starting a whole new quilt, completed almost two weeks ago, my first border triangle.  I must say, it did feel a little funny working in a different shape.

My original plan for 2012 was to continue at one a week and complete all 52 border triangles before the end of the year, but I think it is time for a change. My weekly Dear Jane block came first over all other quilting projects for 3.25 years and I feel now I would like to slow it down a bit. Just a bit, after all, what are a few months more on a 4.25 year plan anyway?

Edit to post:  Block name is Spanish Moss.

11 comments:

Satu said...

The first triangle looks fine, Karen! I think, if you feel to slow down, then you have to do it... because if you push yourself too much, your journey with DJ might turn into unpleasant...

Anya said...

Congratulations on the first step of this next part of your DJ journey! Go at your own pace!

Sheila said...

a nice one to start with, looks lovely.

Kats Studio said...

Good for you, I have about 12 blocks completed. Trying for 1 a week this year. Enjoy you time away from it, you earned it!

Ellie's Quiltplace said...

I've missed your weekly post ;o)
Your triangle block looks lovely. I prefer working on my DJ whenever I want to. The 'two-blocks-a-week'thing didn't work for me. Now, sometimes I don't work on the quilt for 3 weeks, and then all of a sudden 3 nights in a row. You've come so far, I'm sure you will finish the quilt, and it doesn't matter when that will be!

Josie McRazie said...

love it! YA for moving onto the triangles!! You know a Jane is a labor of love. It is not something to just ne whooped out and gotten done! savor it! Most people don't do more than one, so why not!! LOL

Susan D said...

Ah! There is it. Very nice. By all means take exactly the amount of time you want to do the border.

My own plan (and I'm still only 40 or so blocks into the centre) is to not do the triangles at all, but use contrasting light and dark triangles of fabric for the border.

Yvonne Joslin said...

A relief to see your first triangle and know you are still on your journey ~ missed you!
Beautiful triangle; you may persuade me to start on my triangles with that one.
94 blocks done already but I am under no pressure to finish this journey.

A Colorful World said...

Oh, these are really fascinating! Wow, lots of hand work!

Come by my piece-fulness blog and see photos of the Tucson Quilt Show!

sewprimitive karen said...

Karen, that is so pretty. I love making the triangles.

Robin said...

A change of pace can be a very good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing your triangles! :)

To see what other projects I am working on, visit me at Journey of a Quilter.