Sunday, April 3, 2011

J-11


Difficulty of block: moderate
Number of pieces: 7
Method used: hand applique

Perfect placement was key with Twin Sister to keep the melons from extending past the seam lines. 

I began the week with a bad headache and ended up going with the book version of the block.  Changing it to look more like the original seemed like more of a headache at the time.  Later in the week, as I pieced my block together, with a clearer head, I discovered it would have been fairly easy to change it over.


5 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful fabric in this lovely block and I also do love the one last week I-6.
Happy stitching

Yvette said...

You did not disappoint with this one. It looks FAB!

Vivian said...

I've never met a cheddar I didn't like.
Sweet little block with these 2 fabrics together. Nice work.

Meredith said...

Very pretty block!!

pam said...

Really enjoying looking at your color choices. Very pretty.

To see what other projects I am working on, visit me at Journey of a Quilter.