Sunday, November 15, 2009

K-6


Difficulty of block: moderate
Number of pieces: 33
Method used: hand piecing

I found Ann's Folly a little difficult to piece. Maybe it was just my hands acting up or maybe it was all the little slivers of fabric, or a combination of both. Anyway, I managed to piece it together and it looks pretty good. I redrafted Brenda's block and eliminated four squares from the corners. To me, it doesn't look like the original pattern had squares in the corners. Because of all the wrinkles, in the original quilt, I think sometimes it looks like seam lines. I added this block to my sidebar as an Oops! block, but I may be wrong.

7 comments:

Karen said...

This is a pretty block. Has a lot of interesting design and your fabric choices are good for it.

M. Regina said...

BEAUTIFUL bLOCK.hUGS FROM bRAZIL

Gladys said...

Hola, Karen! Se ve un bloque complicado y difĂ­cil, pero ha quedado muy bello! Que tenga una bella semana y Muchos BESOTES!!!

Yvette said...

That is one of my favorites.

Robin said...

I really love the look of this block! What a great design. And the fabrics you chose are perfect in it. Beautiful work! :)

Sharyn said...

Good morning Karen. If I'd been blogging when I did my Two Sides Of Jane I would have done something like you have here; a lovely way to acknowledge each block.

If you have the DJ EQ CD my quilt, journal, and 'toid tins are in it.
Keep up the good work!

Lindsay Jean said...

I pulled up a picture of it after reading your post, and I think you're right about those corner squares. I like the way you pieced it. Very pretty block.

To see what other projects I am working on, visit me at Journey of a Quilter.