Sunday, March 29, 2009

M-3


Difficulty of block: moderate difficult
Number of pieces: 25
Method used: hand piecing

Fireweed Flower was more frustrating then difficult. I started with the center square and added the four triangles. Then I attached the skinny green strips to the diamonds. Then the frustration began. It appeared the diamond section was too large for the triangle section. The seam was longer on the diamond pieces. After stitching, removing my stitches and stitching again, I realized I was to only stitch to the tip of the triangle and that funny overlapping of the green was stitched separately. Also, stitching the outer green pieces at that same spot was a little tricky. But, it worked out and in the end, looks pretty nice.

8 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

How beautiful that is. Don't recognize the fabrics, are they new ones....older ones from your stash....?

Anya said...

That looks like a very nice job to me. The fabrics look so nice together. Thanks for sharing...

Zonnah said...

I really like this one. Sorry it was so frustrating, but worth it :)

Berna said...

Beautifull!
I also like your blog and will visit you again.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Berna

Betweens said...

I think this is my favorite one.. love the fabrics and just the whole look.

Purpleflowerpatch said...

What a beautiful block!! I hope I make this quilt one day, but I can see that it takes a lot of dedication. :-)

Tennye said...

I love this block I would love the pattern for this one. You did a great job.

Cyn ;-) Calif/USA said...

Wonderful block. You do beautiful work.
I will be back and am now following...
Hugs, /;-)

To see what other projects I am working on, visit me at Journey of a Quilter.