Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Journey Begins


Very exciting! All my supplies are organized and ready to go. I've decided not to use a sewing machine. Each piece will be cut out individually and hand sewn. I will work only by candle light. Hmmm.....maybe not by candle light. Each week, I will post one finished block, maybe more. With limited time and other quilting to do, I don't want to be stitching under pressure.

As for fabric theme. Well, I have decided to use reproduction fabric for the Dear Jane blocks and a variety of fabrics for the Quilted Diamonds. I reread my Dear Jane and Quilted Diamond books in August and also watch Linda Franz's instructional DVD. I'm now ready to get started!

Until next week.....happy quilting!

Karen



P.S. Please be sure to visit my main blog, Journey of a Quilter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Karen - you seem to have a very clean, clear and precise way of working. I prefer hand piecing as you can relax in the living room and piece whilst watching TV with DH. I've started some scrappy SBS blocks this way and need to get back to them over the winter months - though I've just been cutting the block pieces out, marking seams and sewing (no freezer paper! does the fp help? or are you using that as the blocks are so small?). I must link to this blog to follow your progress. Good luck

Anonymous said...

I wish you patience and the best of luck. It seems to be an overwhelming project, but I am sure you will do well. I can't wait to follow your progress. It will be lovely.

To see what other projects I am working on, visit me at Journey of a Quilter.